Saturday, January 9, 2016

A New Era











As I lay in my bed in my new home, I took a few deep breaths. I really dodged a bullet. A bullet that would've killed me.

I was in an abusive relationship and after I lost my job and my mother, I got fed up with my husband's abuse and killed him with one of his guns. I was arrested and facing charges for manslaughter. Luckily the jury and judge had mercy on me and decided not to send me to prison, instead giving me probation and sending me to counseling where I was surrounded by other victims of abuse, both male and female. Yes men can be abused. Take that feminists. Honestly I wouldn't have cared if I went to prison if I can be honest.

I made many friends while I was in counseling and for the first time in a long time, I felt a longing and lust for life and adventure. Things got even better for me from that point on. How you may ask? My mother had left behind some money for me and I wasn't even aware of it until after the trial. Thanks to the lawyer and my grandmother, I got $19,000,000 which was my amount Mother left behind for me.

I still haven't told my friends or anyone else for that matter. It's my own little secret. I'm currently a software engineer for a rather respectable company and so far I really enjoy my job.

So all in all life is good. I was in purgatory just waiting to die but I was pulled out of the darkness and into the light. Maybe humanity and the world isn't so bad after all. I've entered a new era and if any obstacles come my way again, I'll be strong enough to combat and destroy them now that I have my friends by my side. My friends are my power. Bring it on world. I'm ready to take anything you can throw at me. I'm not afraid anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment