Friday, June 21, 2013

Cleansing

I finally reached the clinic. It was a very long walk. Why am I here you ask? I'm getting an abortion. I was raped by a fellow co-worker of mine. I'm only 16 years old. I don't wanna take care of a rape baby. Hell I don't even want to have kids period. When I got up the balls to tell my mom what happened to me, she was supportive of me. She even contacted the cops and had the guy arrested. When I found out I was pregnant, I was really scared. My mom wants me to have the baby and either keep it and give it up for adoption but there's no way I'm going through all that pain. I want no lingering attachments. I told her I was getting an abortion and she was pissed. Being the religious nut she is, she basically told me that if I got one, she'd disown me and kick me out of the house. Oh well. I don't give a shit. I don't need her anyways. It's my body. I can do whatever the hell I want with it. I rolled my eyes at the pro-life protesters. Seriously? And why were there guys among them? They don't know a damn thing about pain. They don't have vaginas. They don't deserve to have an opinion on abortion and women's rights. I walked inside of the clinic and went to the area where the abortions were being held. I already made an appointment with the doctor so I was in the clear. I saw that there were a few other girls there too. Well at least I'm not alone. I sat down and waited patiently for my name to be called. I noticed that two of the girls were crying. Were they being forced to get an abortion? Not cool at all. It should be something you want to do, not something you have to do. My name was finally called and I stood up, my legs shaking. I walked into the room and the doctor closed the door. It was a woman. Thank God. "Hello. I'm Dr. Eisenburg. How far along are you in your pregnancy?" She asked. "Four weeks," I answered. She nodded and got the materials ready. "Are you ready Serena?" She asked. Ugh. I hate my name. To me, Selena is better. Maybe I should change it. I nodded my head, not wanting to answer. She gave me a paper gown and smiled. "Go into the bathroom and change into that." I obeyed her and quickly changed. I wanted to get this over with. I walked out of the bathroom, leaving my clothes in there. After laying down on the bed, Dr. Eisenburg began to perform the abortion. I winced at the slight discomfort. It felt strange. But it didn't hurt. When she was done, she helped me down and asked me a ton of questions. Sheesh it was just an abortion. I'm not gonna die. After going into the bathroom and changing back into my clothes, I walked out and bid the doctor farewell before leaving the room. I felt....cleansed. I felt like a weight had been lifted from me. As for my mom, I'll find out some way to deal with her. My cleansing is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment