Thursday, June 20, 2013

Farewell

This is it. I'm tired of this shit. I'm now officially leaving this hellhole I'm forced to call home. What's here for me? Absolutely nothing. Without Mom, I have nothing. All I have is this damn insurance money. Oh well it'll be good for me to use until I can get myself into college. Plus I gotta find a job. I wish these people would quit telling me about God. What can he do? He's done nothing for me. All he brings is pain. I'm not gonna go through hell and high water my whole life like Mom did. I'm gonna make something of myself before I leave this world. With or without God. I finally reached the station and looked around. I was planning on maybe going to another city. I'm not leaving the state. No way. Maybe Nashville will do. Or maybe Martin. So many choices, so little time. I saw that a bus was leaving for Nashville and quickly got on it before anyone would notice. I paid for bus fare of course. I always pay my own way. After several more people rushed on the bus, it began to move. Finally. I'm free like the wind. Free to live my own life the way I want to without others telling me what to do. Suddenly I could feel someone falling on my lap. It was a guy. Was he being a damn pervert? He quickly got up and smiled at me. "Sorry about that. Accident." I noticed he had a nice accent. It seemed to be Australian. Nice. "It's fine," I shrugged as I turned my head towards the window. "Is anyone sitting here?" The handsome stranger asked. "Be my guest," I mumbled. He sat down, letting out a sigh of relief. He decided to strike a conversation with me. His name was Wesley and he was from Australia. That explains the accent. He moved to the U.S. at a young age and was now going to Nashville to stay with his family. At least he has one. Well I do have family but I'm not really close to them. Man this guy could talk. He sure seemed energetic. But I wasn't telling him anything about my situation. Hell no. But I was enjoying talking to this gorgeous hunk. He and I have a lot in common. The bus ride seemed to be very short since we were talking the whole time. When the bus finally reached Nashville and got to the station, I grabbed my bags like everyone else did and got off the bus. I saw that Wesley was with his family. They seemed so happy. I began to walk the other direction, smiling as I imagined how the future might be. Farewell past, hello new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment